Digital Intersect as a Web consulting firm, decided to focus on WordPress as the main platform for building websites. The progress since last few years proves that our decision was right. Some of the achievements of WordPress as underlined by Matt (Founder of WP) in the recent camps and what it means to us:
- 15% of the top 1 million websites in the world are now powered by WordPress
- 1 in every 5 new domains created in US are running on WordPress (for new sites it is easy to get started with WordPress – design, functionality and cost wise)
- Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power their websites.
- Millions of plugins downloads every day passing proves that how actively and beautifully the community is contributing which is proven by the use of the plugins.
- 92% of WordPress users now use it as a CMS
- WordPress Maintains such highly advanced process of core development which allows it to be adaptive, flexible and open to extension. This is the reason why we all love WordPress. It is the only platform which is flexible and well documented for us to mould and develop further upon to make it even more stronger and beautiful as per the requirement of individual projects)